Technical Coordinator, Lead IT Desktop Support Coordinator
Position title: Technical Coordinator, Lead IT Desktop Support Coordinator
Position #: 106418
The University of Maryland Division of Information Technology (DIT) is seeking a Lead Desktop Coordinator to join our Platform Services team. As a member of the Enterprise Desktop team, the Lead IT Desktop Support Coordinator is responsible for the continuous evolution of the workstation computing environment. This position is responsible for the technical implementation of workstation endpoint management, application deployment and updates, and asset management. This position proposes, designs, and implements enhancements and additions to the current environment. The primary role of this position is the design and implementation of Windows and Mac operating systems.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Additional work experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four (4) years of the required education.
* Seven (7) years of professional experience supporting the operations, maintenance, and administration of information technology infrastructure.
* Experience deploying, integrating, configuring, and securing Microsoft Windows Desktop and Mac operating systems in Active Directory and standalone environments as well as hybrid environments (on-premises and cloud-based).
* Experience in, and in-depth knowledge of, the Mac operating system, JAMF, and Mac scripting.
* Experience automating processes using programming\scripting languages for desktop management.
* Experience performing systems planning and development to include new features in the Windows Desktop & Mac operating systems as well as the ability to deploy new applications and services.
* Experience with patch management and development of application deployment packages including scripting, application re-packaging, and automated deployment/remediation.
* Experience with MacOS, JAMF, VDI, scripting, BitLocker, Microsoft Azure, InTune, Office 365, OMS, and Amazon Web Services.
* CompTIA A+ Certification.
* Certified Casper Technician (CCT)
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle;
* Flexible work opportunities;
* UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness;
* Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being;
* Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals;
Salary range: $90,000 – $110,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: The employee is also occasionally required to lift and carry materials up to 50 pounds in weight. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to walk and to operate computers, objects, tools, or controls; and reach. The employee may need to work evenings, weekends, and after-hours on occasion..
Best consideration date: 10/04/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.