Specialist, Senior SOC Analyst
University of Maryland Division of Information Technology College Park, MD Full-time Information Services / Technology (IT)
Posted on May 5, 2023
Position title: Specialist, Senior SOC Analyst
Position #: 127798
Position #: 127798
Reporting to Security and Policy Office in the Division of Information Technology (DIT), at the University of Maryland, College Park, the position is responsible for determining that IT systems and networks (including: mainframe, applications servers, enterprise servers, and desktops / laptops) are protected against security threats, are in compliance with federal and state law, are in compliance with State/University policies, and are in conformance with accepted auditing principles. Participate in the evaluation of emerging vulnerabilities and attack vectors. Member of Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) to assure data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications and training, or work experience.
- 3 years experience, with at least 1 year experience working in a Security Operations Center, performing security operations work in the areas of defending Windows Active Directory environments, incident response, digital forensics, and eDiscovery.
- 5 years of broad experience in the IT field
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in computer/network forensics, eDiscovery, intrusion detection and response, threat hunting, firewall administration, vulnerability scanning, or other information security experience.
- 10+ years of broad experience in the IT field.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools like nmap, Nessus, Rapid7 Nexpose.
- Experience with host-based and network-based firewalls, intrusion detection, and next-generation firewalls such as iptables, Trend Micro Deep Security, snort, Palo Alto, Cisco Firepower.
- Experience with endpoint detection and response (EDR) and NGAV tools like FireEye, Crowdstrike, Cylance.
- Experience with log management and SIEM tools like Splunk, Elastic/ELK.
- Experience with packet analysis and tools like tcpdump, Wireshark.
- Experience with forensic and eDiscovery tools like EnCase, FTK, Intella.
- Experience with IT security in a higher education institution.
- SANS GSEC certification
- SANS GCIH certification
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range $86,000 – $103,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry small parcels, packages and other items and to walk short distances. Some periods of time may be spent in computer rooms and communications equipment spaces for installation, testing, and troubleshooting.
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.