IT Coordinator, Service Desk Analyst, Level 2
Position title: IT Coordinator, Service Desk Analyst, Level 2
Position #: 127563
The Service Desk IT Coordinator will provide direct level-2 end-user assistance to the customers of the Division of IT Service Desk at McKeldin Library (Terrapin Tech). Terrapin Tech provides walk-in IT support to the faculty, staff, and students of the University. Support includes assistance with the Windows, Apple, and GNU/Linux operating systems, mobile devices, standard productivity applications, the Internet, networking, and a wide range of University academic and administrative applications. Support also includes full diagnosis, analysis and repair of hardware and operating system failures. Service Desk IT Coordinators are responsible for all aspects of the customer relationship and strive for excellence in the customer experience. IT Coordinators coach student employees, keep abreast of the latest support and technology trends, research and resolve difficult technology support requests, produce user documentation and review, refine and improve support processes and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-1 years experience performing IT technical support work.
- Experience can be substituted for education on a year for year basis, i.e., 4 years experience/ education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of at least two major computing platforms supported (Windows, Apple, Linux, iOS, Android).
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Able to work concurrently on multiple projects, adjust to occasional changes in priorities, and respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Able to instruct, direct, assist, guide, and share information with both technical and non-technical personnel alike.
*Valid driver’s license.
- CompTIA A+
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
- Experience with a Lenovo or Dell ASP preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent time management skills
- Apple Support certification is a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is a plus
Additional information: This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range: $50,000 – $56,000.
Physical demands: This position requires the ability to lift computer equipment, stand for long periods of time, occasionally travel across campus to different locations and to operate a motor vehicle.
Best consideration date: 08/21/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/98132
Vaccine protocol: the University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.