Associate Civil Engineer
Associate Civil Engineer
The Tahoe City Public Utility District has an outstanding full-time career opportunity for an Associate Civil Engineer.
As an Associate Civil Engineer with TCPUD, you will combine leadership with technical responsibilities to promote a collaborative approach and be inspired to deliver projects to quality, budget, and timescales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Manage various phases of assigned District capital and non-capital project implementation, to include planning, permitting, environmental processing, design, bidding, contracting, construction and closeout.
- Supervise the work of contracted consultants and/or assigned District staff, to include engineers, planners, technicians, inspectors, assistants and administrators.
- Review and provide comment on documents provided by others, to include plans, specifications, reports, studies, calculations, estimates, budgets, schedules, permits, environmental documents, agreements, easements, ordinances, policies, procedures and any other document within the expertise of the incumbent.
- Prepare plans, specifications, reports, studies, calculations, estimates, budgets, schedules, permits, environmental documents, agreements, easements, ordinances, policies, procedures or any other document within the expertise of the incumbent.
- Act as representative and liaison to regulatory agencies, public agencies, property owners and operating departments related to District capital and non-capital projects and activities of the Engineering Department.
- Assure compliance with all grant conditions, permit conditions, environmental regulations and other Federal, State and local laws in the implementation of District capital projects.
- Maintain regular attendance and adhere to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and effective working relationships with co-workers and all others contacted in the performance of assigned duties.
- Utilize appropriate safety procedures and practices for assigned duties.
- Work safely and cooperatively with others.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Education and Experience Requirements: Any combination of education and experience which would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Education: Graduation from an ABET-accredited engineering program at a college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering curriculum.
- Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible civil engineering experience, preferably related to water, wastewater, parks and recreation, or other appropriate public works.
- Certification & Licensing Requirements:
- California Registered Professional Civil Engineer or ability to become registered in California within six (6) months of appointment.
- Possession of a valid D2 Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the California State Department of Public Health or ability to obtain certificate within one year of appointment.
- Possession of appropriate and valid driver’s license and driving record that complies with District policy.
- Other Special Requirements:
- Computer usage with emphasis on AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and other engineering applications preferred.
TCPUD is an award-winning district that provides an excellent salary and benefits package. TCPUD is committed to fostering continuous growth in the capabilities of our team and to providing employees with the opportunity to thrive.
The salary range for this position is $9,957 to $12,944 per month, depending on qualifications.
Interested and qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and job application in order to be considered, click APPLY within!
The deadline for submission is Monday, April 10, 2023, at 4 p.m. TCPUD is a drug-free workplace. TCPUD is an EOE.