Endpoint Management Specialist
Endpoint Management Specialist
State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking an Endpoint Management Specialist (Information Technology Analyst II) for the User Support Services, Endpoint Management Support Unit. Qualified Applicants will possess experience in the specific functional area of Desktop Services.
The successful candidate will possess strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills and will be required to support off-the-shelf software such as MS Windows 10/11, MS Office 365. The chosen candidate should also have experience with data encryption as well as System Center Configuration Manager and Intune. The candidate will work on a team responsible for maintaining the SCCM infrastructure to ensure availability of distributed content to all Judicial Branch locations; analyze the status of workstations; develop methods to ensure all are communicating on a regular basis to SCCM site servers; create/update automated task sequences to implement custom configuration as well as monthly security updates to all workstations.
The preferred candidate will possess the following experience: Diagnoses and resolves PC and desktop software needs using a variety of diagnostic tools to identify hardware and/or software issues and initiate repairs; rebuilds PCs and reconfigures user specific settings; installs new complex and/or enterprise wide software releases; Candidates should also have a basic understanding of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM/SCCM), Intune, malicious threat remediation, PowerShell and command line scripting, computer management via Group Policy.
Minimum qualifications required: The successful candidate will use complex interpersonal and technical skills to perform and/or participate in the following:
- Diagnose system problems and develop and facilitate resolutions.
- Test and evaluate new hardware and/or software; make recommendations for hardware and/or software purchases; determine interface and utility requirements and create design specifications; act as liaison to hardware and/or software vendors, developers, and management; arrange necessary hardware and software availability; oversee hardware and software vendors.
- Make recommendations for migration and upgrade directions, trains business or technical staff on new procedures.
- Run scripts on collections or individual on-premise managed Windows devices.
- Manage Windows Defender ATP on all judicial managed devices.
- Prepare correspondence, manuals, business intelligence reporting and documentation as required.
- Produce status reports.
- Support production applications and environments as required.
- Perform related duties as required.
Upon satisfactory completion of the initial probationary period, hybrid remote work may be available.
Salary Range: $88,052 - $119,860/year – plus State of Connecticut benefits.
New employees begin at the minimum. The starting salary for existing state employees may be higher than the minimum, in accordance with existing Judicial Branch policy.
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch offers its employees a top notch array of health and retirement benefits including but not limited to: paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave, group life insurance, 457 Deferred Compensation, voluntary flexible spending account programs, discounted auto and home insurance policies and long and short term disability.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the Information Technology Analyst I Business Analyst level or its equivalent.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2) A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by October 3, 2022. Applications must be submitted through the on-line application site at: (CLICK BELOW) Resumes or paper applications will not be accepted.
Careers at the Branch play an essential role for the public and society. Our meaningful, challenging, and interesting positions have a long-lasting effect that serves to advance justice and ultimately provides for the greater good of all.
Please reference posting number 22-4000-037