Business / Quality Assurance Analyst
Business / Quality Assurance Analyst
State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking a Business or Quality Assurance Analyst (Information Technology Analyst II) for the Jury Administration Unit. Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge in the following:
- Visual Studio / TFS
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Drafting and maintaining business requirements and technical requirements
- Creating and maintaining test plans and testing documentation
The preferred candidate will possess the following experience in either/or the specific functional areas of:
Business Analysis: Manages moderately complex level system and project requirements; identifies changes to scope and tracks requirements through implementation; defines key business processes and identifies critical paths of the operations; identifies the impact of technology on business processes; working with the project team, proposes, documents and assesses technical solutions to business needs, and verifies and validates moderately complex level system specifications; identifies process gaps; translates business needs into systems specifications; utilizes elicitation and facilitation techniques; entry level task coordination in support of project management.
Quality Assurance: Analyzes moderately complex level project documents; identifies the impact of technology changes on current systems; develops test strategies; translates systems specifications, written or derived, into test plans and test scripts; executes test plans and test scripts and documents results and defects; coordinates the resolution of system defects; monitors test plans and verifies that development deliverables are consistent with the systems specifications.
Upon satisfactory completion of the initial probationary period, hybrid remote work may be available.
Salary Range: $88,052 - $119,860/year – plus State of Connecticut benefits..
New employees begin at the minimum. The starting salary for existing state employees may be higher than the minimum, in accordance with existing Judicial Branch policy.
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch offers its employees a top notch array of health and retirement benefits including but not limited to: paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave, group life insurance, 457 Deferred Compensation, voluntary flexible spending account programs, discounted auto and home insurance policies and long and short term disability.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the Information Technology Analyst I level or its equivalent.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2) A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by November 28, 2022. Applications must be submitted through the on-line application site at: (CLICK BELOW). Resumes or paper applications will not be accepted.
Careers at the Branch play an essential role for the public and society. Our meaningful, challenging, and interesting positions have a long-lasting effect that serves to advance justice and ultimately provides for the greater good of all.
Please reference posting number 22-1000-270