Senior Developer (#00291)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time employee to serve as a Senior Developer in the university web, and mobile environments. This employee will design, develop, and implement applications that meet the needs of the university and support the University’s web. The employee will assist with research, evaluation, and development of planning proposals for future direction.
Required qualifications include:
- Extensive knowledge of support required for an enterprise-wide web environment.
- Thorough knowledge of client/server and web environments.
- Thorough knowledge of systems design, security, and planning.
- Considerable knowledge of VMware, Linux, Apache, and the associated hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (specifically Git) and setting up Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, or Continuous Delivery solutions.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and project leadership to individuals through a wide range of technical skills and at varying administrative levels.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Some experience with Drupal 9.
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/15979. AA/EOE