Lead Technical Support Personnel (#00496)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time employee to provide technical leadership in researching, developing, testing, documenting, and deploying projects to manage and maintain the University campus desktop environment. This employee will utilize industry best practices to bring central management to the systems tools in use at Old Dominion University through excellence in support, knowledge, training, documentation, and management. The employee will serve as Lead TSP and become an escalation point for the TSP Community as well as a source of continuous improvement in the program quality.
Required qualifications include:
- Thorough knowledge of desktop computing both in Windows and Mac operating systems, service management via BMC Footprints or ServiceNow, asset management via Ivanti Management Console and JAMF, scripting experience in Powershell, and considerable experience with Active Directory and Virtualization.
- Extensive knowledge in remote support tools and anti-malware tools and removal strategies.
- Strong knowledge of the systems management tools Ivanti and JAMF.
Required Special licenses, registration or certifications include:
Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) or Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or a greater level of Certifications or equivalent industry standard certifications and or equivalent work and educational experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Extensive experience as a Desktop Support Technician and associated responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of IT asset management suites such as Ivanti, LANDesk, JAMF, Altiris, SCCM or Remedy.
- Usage of a ticketing system such as Remedy, ServiceNow, Footprints or ZenDesk.
- Custom configuration of a computer purchase to meet end-user requirements.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Enterprise-level anti-virus / anti-malware suites
- Virtualization technologies such as Citrix, VMWare and VirtualBox
- Remote support applications such as Microsoft Remote Desktop, Dameware, Ivanti Remote Control, Apple Remote Desktop
- Scripting in VBScript, Batch or Powershell
- CompTIA A+ , Network+ or Security+ certification
Position opens on August 1, 2022. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/16739. AA/EOE