ITS Operations Facilities Manager (#00055)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time ITS Operations Facilities Manager to perform all fixed asset tasks, provide direction on equipment management within all ITS spaces including data centers and telecom closets, and serve as a point of contact for Fixed Assets to help manage and maintain the ITS Fixed Asset Inventory. The ITS Operations Facilities Manager will serve as a single point of contact between ITS and Facilities Management/Auxiliary Services to handle all fire system, electrical, and HVAC requests and will serve as the first responder for all environmental systems.
Required qualifications include:
- Considerable understanding of AC and DC electrical systems from a Server Room/ITS perspective.
- Considerable knowledge of HVAC systems within Server Room/ITS environment.
- Working knowledge of fire alarm and suppression systems in Server Room/ITS environments.
- Considerable interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable ability to interface effectively with business and technical teams along with strong organizational, time management and judgment skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Basic knowledge in A/C and D/C electrical systems and subsystems, HVAC design and operation, fire safety systems, and project management.
- Basic understanding of the hardware and topologies that make up IT Infrastructure Operations.
- Advanced knowledge of facilities management in a technical environment, and a technical ability to be hands on when determining technical strategy or solutions.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Business Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience in facilities management in a technical environment and in supporting enterprise level environments.
Position opens August 29, 2022. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/16930. AA/EOE