Client Services and Network Manager
Gaston College is seeking candidates for a Client Services and Network Manager position.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 11/16/22
Responsibilities include leading a group of technologists and/or service providers, performing complex, advanced technical and administrative work on the core technology infrastructure and Microsoft Office 365 landscape system(s); provide end-user support and training for hardware and software and collaborating with the CISO to ensure operational security, maintenance, and governance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Office 365, Azure and SharePoint Administration
- Ensuring the operational health of the Office 365/Azure online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability, and reliability
- Administration, support, and configuration of MS Office O365 for faculty, staff, and students
- Identifies, researches, recommends, architects, and implements Office 365 solutions and applications such as Teams, Flow, PowerApps, OneDrive, Forms, Bookings, SharePoint, etc.
- Serves as a Technology Services point of contact regarding new requests related to Microsoft applications and solutions to meet college business needs
- Provides and applies modern SharePoint (SP) framework (SPFx), Power Automate/Flow, PowerApps/Forms, Power BI, and Azure subject matter expertise to automate and upgrade enterprise-level business processes.
- Assesses and evaluates existing SharePoint solutions, technical architecture, and workflows to architect more robust modern technologies such as Power Platform
- Administers Microsoft SharePoint including adding users, controlling access to document libraries, setting permissions, etc.
- Troubleshoots and resolves SharePoint/Exchange issues or malfunctions when alerted by monitoring and security software, including connectivity and mobility
- Conducts workshops to inform and leverage best practices of Office 365 applications including SharePoint Online and Power Platform technologies
- Provides support services to staff faculty and students for complex technical and configuration issues related to Office 365 applications
Operational, Security, Network Support/Maintenance and Governance
- Responsible for logical and physicals controls of the colleges IT system by providing, on a quarterly basis, documented assurance that access to computer resources (data, equipment, and facilities) is reasonable and restricted to authorized individuals
- Perform software upgrades and patches (server, bios, firmware upgrades, etc.)
- Manage a variety of databases
- Develops, maintains, and updates Office 365 governance documentation
- Conduct routine monitoring and analysis to include Audit Log Reports evaluation, system and storage utilization reports, site and system usage, growth reports, and manage site collection quota settings
- Prepare and maintain network diagrams, operational records, reports, forms, procedures, security policies and related information.
- Install, maintain, and provide support for all voice and video cabling, telecommunications, servers, switches, ASA firewall, enterprise storage, including related software and hardware and third-party applications.
- Perform systems administration functions such as managing VPN user accounts and profiles
- Maintain hardware and software inventory and licenses.
- Identify recurring hardware software problems and recommends plans for prevention and resolution.
- Ensure data security and availability through proper backup and verification procedures.
- Provide support, maintain, and design network security for the college wireless, LAN, WAN, VPN, and all Internet connections.
- Research and test new and emerging server and storage technologies. Ensure future infrastructure capacity through recommendations to the Chief Information Officer
- Provide timely support through helpdesk service requests and servicing emergency calls (during and after hours)
- Work collaboratively with Chief Technology Services Officer and other Technology Services staff.
- Coordinate and direct activities of Technology Specialist I, Technology Specialist II, Network/PC/AV Technician, and work-study which entails physical cabling; infrastructure and multimedia systems installations, maintenance, modifications, and repairs; all inside and outside wiring that include fiber, coax and copper cabling systems used for voice, data, wireless, video distribution, digital signage, projectors, displays, and some audio integration.
- Coordinate IT hardware and software patches and rollouts, including PCs, printers, telecommunications, network devices, audio-visual equipment, and other IT resources
- Maintain vendor contacts and coordinate joint activities with outside agencies
- Travel to support multiple campuses / sites and to attend conferences for training as necessary
- Attend meetings and serve on college committees as requested.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of human resources information and employee records. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Information Officer, including special projects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution in an IT related field; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Three – Five years’ experience in Information Technologies, or another related area with experience architecting, implementing, and supporting Office 365 applications.
- Experience with one or more Microsoft Platform Certifications (Power Platform Developer Associate, Azure Developer Associate, Microsoft 365 Certified preferred.
- Experience administering O365, Exchange, Azure Active Directory and SharePoint environment
- Help desk experience and ability to provide technical and end-user support
- General knowledge of networking – IP, DNS, SMTP required
- Certified Microsoft IT Professional preferred
- Two – Three years of experience supporting servers and network of similar size and complexity required.
- Thorough understanding of network theory and design, microcomputer architecture and operations required.
- Willingness to learn multiple roles and be flexible with work assignment on a daily basis.
- Capability to work independently, possess excellent customer service skills, and ability to interact positively with students, faculty, staff, and third-party agencies required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into simple terms.
- When providing telephone support, must be able to understand end users' descriptions of their computer problems in order to correctly troubleshoot them.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
Gaston College provides a comprehensive, affordable insurance and benefits program. We are continuously investigating new benefit offerings that are responsive to the needs of our regular** employees.
- State Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Supplemental Insurances
- NC State Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Disability Benefits, Long- and Short-Term
- Longevity Pay
- State Employees' Credit Union Eligibility
- Leave (Vacation, Sick, FMLA, Civil and Military, Child/Student Involvement, Education, and Voluntary Shared)
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Advancement Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Discount Program
Click "apply" to submit your application today!