This position directs all aspects of Software Architecture (SA) including the use, integration, design and life cycle of applications across the enterprise and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility and integration with existing systems/platforms.
Responsibilities include both leadership and participation in the development of requirements and principles of the future state of SA, as well as ensuring that application design, implementation and documentation are in line with the guidelines of FHLBank's architectural standards. This position is responsible for ensuring standards of application development are followed; assumes the role of architect on multiple projects and guides teams in daily design and refactoring tasks; participates with FHLBank's architecture team in evaluating emerging technologies and documenting existing architectures; and determines specifications, then plans, designs and provides direction to address complex critical application or system needs. Performs a variety of tasks, thus, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What qualifications are needed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology degree. Professional certificate or a graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of application development experience with a wide range of application types including web applications, windows applications, web services and NT Services, as well as at least two years of experience in object-oriented application design.
- Strong knowledge of 00P design patterns and anti-patterns, MVC architecture, refactoring catalogs, and reusable frameworks.
- Experience with multiple modeling tools.
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies is required.
- Knowledge of security techniques related to application development and thorough knowledge of the techniques required to protect against basic vulnerabilities.
- Experienced with data mart and data warehousing concepts and tools. Advanced level programming skills.
- Experience working with an Agile methodology and Test Driven Development is a plus.
- Experience with financial applications or accounting a plus.
- Ability to think orderly, logically and analytically and strong problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
- Must be goal-oriented and have strong sense of team solidarity.
Benefits: FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including:
- Health & dental insurance
- 401 (k) with company match
- A short-term incentive plan
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Onsite fitness center with shower facilities
- And much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
FHLBank Topeka’s products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
For more details and to apply, click “Apply Now”.