Transport Network Engineer
This position is responsible for managing and maintaining FastTrack’s transport, voice and data infrastructure. Researches and evaluates equipment and vendors to support all services offered by FastTrack. Gains knowledge of new technologies to enhance existing systems, processes, and the development of new products and services. Provide technical support to other departments and business units.
This position is responsible for the provisioning and installation of transport, voice and internet services, including MPLS, Optical Wavelength, SONET/TDM, IP address assignment, BGP or static routing configurations, softswitch (Metaswitch) configurations, Adtran IAD configurations, Cisco Unified Communications Manager / Unity, and domain name management. Areas of expertise include: Fujitsu 4100/7500/1Finity DWDM, Cisco 15454 SONET ADM, VoIP, Linux, Windows, Security, IP routing, Cisco routers, LAN/WAN technologies, MEF, VMware and server management. After hours and weekend work is often required and expected of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage FastTrack’s Transport network consisting of Fujitsu DWDM and Cisco 15454 NE’s – monitor for alarms and correct outstanding issues.
- Create and manage projects in support of growth, network integration, and geographic expansion.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend technologies, hardware, software, and service providers to support growth and evaluation of the voice and data infrastructure.
- Identify and execute projects necessary to improve network reliability and efficiency.
- Provide technical support and training related to the voice and data infrastructure.
- Work with local, national telecommunication providers to supply T1, DS3, OCn, and Ethernet connectivity.
- Complete network documentation to include network drawings and procedures.
- Additional requirements include support of any other advanced services FastTrack offers that may be assigned subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university (BSEE, BSEET, BSCE, BSCS) or Five to Ten years’ experience in telecommunications planning and designing voice and data networks.
- Proficient knowledge of voice and data equipment including: DWDM transport systems, SONET/TDM and softswitch switching platforms, feature servers, STPs, session border controllers, gateways, routers, and switches.
- Proficient knowledge of voice and data networks including: VoIP, MPLS, Ethernet, QOS, VPN, SIP, MGCP, and IP routing.
- Proficient in project management for small to medium size projects.
- CCNP certification is required, CCIE certification is desired.
- Valid State of Colorado driver’s license.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, and Word.
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented organizational skills.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- An ability to understand complex issues and learn quickly.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Mature, professional attitude; leadership and mentoring skills.
- Works in a normal office environment.
- Willingness to work on evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as required by workload.
- On-call rotation.
- Simple IRA plan with company match
- Flexible reimbursement accounts (FSA)
- Vacation, sick and personal time off
- Annual Training Budget
- Medical, vision, dental, life, AD&D, short and long term disability insurances
Salary commensurate with experience
Salary range - $114,789.00 to 125,647.00
Visual Acuity: Normal vision and accommodation.
NOTE: This job description covers the major purpose and major responsibilities (functions) of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job-related duties requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
FastTrack Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.