Human Services Database Administrator
The Human Services Database Administrator will plan, develop, and maintain critical data management infrastructure services for the County of Sonoma’s Human Services Department, including maintaining data availability, security, and accessibility, and overseeing the performance and condition of multiple database servers. Additional duties include:
- Evaluating, selecting, and implementation cloud-based services
- Data management planning and operations
- Participating in industry and technology work groups
- Collaborating with HSD business units on service needs and impact analysis
- Collaborating with the County IT Department on an as needed basis
- Maintaining and promoting high levels of data management security and resilience
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse end-user base and build relationships with all levels of staff. They will also have experience guiding non-technical staff in eliciting business requirements and end-user testing, have the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, stay current with growing technologies and engineering trends, and have experience working with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration, Management, and Development
- ETL programming and management using industry standard programming languages, SSIS, and SSRS
- Microsoft SQL Database modeling and architecture
- Enterprise Information Management and Data Governance
- TSQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Replication
- Business Analysis, Project Management, Software Testing, and Deployment
- MySQL and MS Access
- Azure Data Management and Dev Ops are desired but not required
- Software/Application Development, Object Oriented Programming, C#, ASP.NET, and Web Technologies are desired but not required
About the Human Services Department
HSD fosters a positive work environment, where our commitment to providing opportunities for advancement is strengthened by a robust staff development program. We believe in the merits of work/life balance and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that our work contributes to the betterment of our community.
As the largest agency in Sonoma County government, our mission is to protect vulnerable children and adults, and to promote maximum independence and well-being for individuals and families. HSD is responsible for child and adult protective services, veteran services, and administration of state and federal programs, including CalFRESH, CalWORKs, Medi-Cal, and In-Home Supportive Services. The department is dedicated to providing high quality, client-focused, cost-effective services and values the diversity, integrity, teamwork, leadership, and accountability of all staff in accomplishing the mission of the department.
The Department works collaboratively at the federal, state, and local level to find creative solutions to support the well-being of individuals, families, and the community. To meet that goal, the department has fostered strong relationships with other public and private sector partners, including other government agencies, community-based organizations, and business leaders. For more information regarding HSD's services please visit http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Human-Services.
What We Offer
When you join HSD, you become part of a strong work family that makes a difference in lives of our community. We offer opportunities for growth, development, and the ability to be a part of a rewarding work environment. You can also look forward to excellent benefits,* including:
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance of up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid 100% premium contribution for the majority of employee-only and employee + family health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
The Human Services Department is currently recruiting to fill one full-time Human Services Database Administrator. Additionally, this employment list may be used to fill future full-time, part-time, and extra-help (temporary) positions as they occur during the active status of the list. Qualified County employees who wish to be considered for future positions should consider applying to this recruitment.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. Additional information can be found in the Service Employees International Union Local 1021 Memorandum Of Understanding (SEIU MOU) and our Employee Benefits directory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities