ELECTION TECHNICIAN TRAINEE
The City of Warren is accepting applications for the position of Engineering Election Technician Trainee. An employee in this classification will receive training to perform duties traditionally performed by Election Technician and License Officer. Acquire knowledge to assist with issuing various licenses and enforces licensing requirements. Acquire knowledge to assist with transport, routing and shipping, and servicing optical scanning (Accu-Vote) and voter assist terminal (Auto-Mark). Acquire knowledge and assist in continuing education and class instruction, performs related work as required.
You must possess, upon application, based upon the closing date of the posting, the following education and experience or its satisfactory equivalent as outlined and certified by the Civil Service Commission. If you do not meet these requirements, your application will be rejected.
- High school graduation or G.E.D. equivalent
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university OR ten (10) years experience with state electronic polls books, elections, and voting machine operations.
- Possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Michigan
- Driving records must meet city standards for insurability
*** Driver’s license, and diploma or official sealed transcripts required at time of application***
PAY RATE: $34,226/year - $40,977/year (After 4 years)
Excellent benefit package includes health, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and sick time.
APPLY: You may apply in person, by mail or by fax weekdays 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Warren City Hall-Human Resources #410
One City Square, Warren, MI 48093
Our fax number is 586-574-0770.
Transcripts ONLY may be sent directly from the college/university/school to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: MAY 19, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To print the forms required for application, print:
- Full-time Release Info. Agreement form
- EEO form
- Drug Free Workplace Policy
- Drug Testing Policy and Procedure
If you have any questions please call our office at 586-574-4670.