Information Security Program Administrator
- Overview & Purpose
The salary range listed of $120,000 - $140,000 reflects the target hiring range for this position.
About Central Arizona Project
Central Arizona Project (CAP), a 336-mile system that brings Colorado River water to central and southern Arizona, delivers the state's single largest renewable water supply and serves 80% of the state's population.
About our Culture and Benefits
We employ nearly 500 people who enjoy a team oriented and safety focused work culture. The close community of a small company is driven to help fulfill our extremely valuable mission. We offer highly competitive salaries and excellent benefits including membership in the Arizona State Retirement System, 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 4-10 work schedule, and significant investment in employee training and development. Employees are eligible for benefits on their first day of employment. CAP is truly a great place to work!
About the Position
The Information Security Program Administrator is an information security subject matter expert role. You would be a key part of our Enterprise Security team reporting to the Enterprise Security Manager working collaboratively with IT groups, leadership, and many other CAP employees to assess and advise on acceptable levels of risk for the organization.
Working together with the Enterprise Security Manager, this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a CAP-wide information security program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. You would be the process owner of assurance activities related to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of customer, business partner, employee, and business information in compliance with our organization's information security policies. The main responsibilities would include:
- Working with CAP business units, including Maintenance Information Systems, Analytics and Information Management (AIM), IT, and the SCADA system, to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes.
- Recommending and taking a lead role to implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive information security and IT risk management program.
- Developing and enhancing an information security management framework.
- Understanding and interacting with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems, and services.
- Providing leadership to the enterprise's information security organization.
- Partnering with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of information technology risk management concerns.
- Assisting with the overall business technology planning, providing up-to-date knowledge and future vision of technology and systems.
About the Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Eight (8) years of experience in an information security or information technology related role (12 years required in lieu of bachelor’s degree).
- Three (3) years of experience leading project teams, overseeing complex related security programs, and/or directly supervising others.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with Cloud computing across virtualized environments, contract and vendor negotiations in government entities, and professional certifications in the follow or equivalent is helpful: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
What Makes this Job Awesome?
You would be part of a team of both law enforcement, property, and information security professionals where you have a voice and would be empowered to be innovative and make improvements. Your team and CAP value and support continuous learning with generous paid training and education opportunities.
If you enjoy securing information and are looking for a rewarding career with a stable government organization with a healthy work/life balance in the North Phoenix area, then we encourage you to APPLY ONLINE today. Your water, your future.